CAREERS AT YERVANA
Yervana is an early stage startup that was founded on the idea that getting outdoors should be accessible to everyone. We are passionate about helping people go on adventures worth sharing. Our platform and mobile application connects people looking for outdoor adventures with qualified Local guides who have intimate grassroots knowledge.
Yervana’s team works remotely across BC and AB, while the company is headquartered out of Vancouver. This job is open to applicants based in Canada.
Yervana is looking for a highly motivated backend software developer to join our team. This person will report to the Lead Developer and work closely with the technology team.
The backend software developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining easy to scalable architecture, and developer-friendly APIs. The goal will be to create a user-friendly platform that drives bookings while gathering the required data to inform our metrics.
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious and energetic developer with proven experience who will join our collaborative, fast-paced team. You thrive on solving complex problems by breaking down each part to resolve with a team. Your keen interest in understanding business and technical challenges piques your curiosity so you’re able to utilize different tech solutions to reach the teams’ goals. Overall you want a position with autonomy, responsibility, ownership, and the ability to drive value as a key team member of the software development team.
- Work with Design and Product teams to build an effective backend that supports business processes, is performant, and well-engineered using Agile development methodologies
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Work within a highly cross-functional team, iterating on process and making your own suggestions for improvements
- Ideate and suggest product improvements and features through a symbiotic relationship with Product and Business team
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of experience as a backend software developer
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Passion for the outdoors is a bonus, but passion for experimentation and data-driven decision making is a must
- Experience building APIs and integrating 3rd party APIs
- Applicable knowledge of relational databases (MariaDB)
- Knowledge of Java and the Spring Boot framework
- Experience with AWS (EBS, RDS, CloudWatch)
This position is being filled under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) programme. At this time, we can only consider applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 15 – 30 yrs (inclusive); be a post-secondary graduate; be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent Resident or person who has been granted refugee status); and, self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education, outside their field of study, hold part-time employment, or unemployed.
Yervana is committed to working with the best people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas creates innovation and engagement. This allows us to attract the best people and develop the best solutions for our community. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please provide the following:
1) Cover Letter
2) Up-to-date Resume
3) Tell us what you are most passionate about
Please send your application to email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!