What to expect on an Adventure during Covid-19
As we follow the latest developments related to COVID-19, we’d like to take a minute to share how we’re approaching our operations and Adventure bookings at this time.
At present, travel into Canada is limited and provinces are encouraging tourists to hold off on visiting until given the go-ahead to do so. Instead, Canadians are being encouraged to explore their local areas and adventure (responsibly) in the outdoors.
Each of our Locals will be responsible for deciding when and if they’re ready to open up their calendars to new bookings, and we’ll be supporting them each step of the way. Find details of what’s changed and how to go about booking your next Yervana Adventure below.
To ensure the health and safety of our community, we’ll continue to evaluate how we operate, while closely monitoring recommendations from the CDC, WHO and our federal, provincial and municipal governments. Specifically, Yervana is monitoring and following all requirements and guidelines of WorkSafeBC in connection with its reopening. Yervana is also requiring that all of its Locals carefully monitor and comply with all such requirements and guidelines applicable to their Adventures.
Booking & Attending Adventures
- If an adventure has no upcoming dates listed, please reach out directly to the Local using the message feature on the website or app.
- We’re asking all our Locals to share their new procedures, policies and guidelines within their Adventure listing. If no details are visible, don’t be afraid to ask. It is the responsibility of Locals to monitor and comply with all requirements and provincial guidelines applicable to their Adventures.
- Precautions will vary depending on the nature of the Adventure, but it is strongly recommended to keep a 2m distance from others throughout your Adventure and, where this is not possible, to wear a mask throughout.
- A reminder that it is imperative that you not attend an Adventure if you are feeling ill or displaying symptoms related to COVID-19.
- For those who have recently arrived from outside of Canada, please be reminded that you must comply with the government’s mandatory 14-day quarantine. We cannot allow you to attend an Adventure during this period.
To ensure you have the flexibility to amend plans if you become ill or are effected by travel restrictions, we’re extending our cancellation policy. This applies to all current bookings, and any future bookings made until further notice.
- If you need to cancel a booking more than 24 hrs in advance due to covid-19, you’ll receive a full refund.
- Bookings cancelled within 24 hrs of a planned start time will receive credit for the full amount paid. This can be used to rebook in the future.
- If you need to cancel a booking due to covid-19, you can cancel 24 hrs in advance without penalties.
- If you need to cancel an Adventure under 24 hrs of a planned start time for a booking, please contact us.
Please use the website or app to cancel your booking if you need to.
We’ll continue to communicate updates as this situation develops, and look forward to being able to welcome back Explorers from across Canada and abroad. In the meantime, we’ll be taking this opportunity to discover wild open spaces within our own province. Our team will be working to plan new Adventures for 2020/21 that offer a fresh perspective on outdoor spots closer to home.
If you have any concerns and want to chat through the current situation with the Yervana team, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for taking the time to read & being a valued member of the Yervana family!
With love from Team Yervana
Resources for Explorers & Travellers:
Country by country guide to travel restrictions from the International Air Travel Association
Resources for Locals:
Travel Albert’s COVID-19 Industry Toolkit: https://industry.travelalberta.com/news-media/covid-19/partner-toolkit
Destination BC’s COVID-19 updates: https://www.destinationbc.ca/news/coronavirus-update/
Destination Canada’s COVID-19 updates: https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/coronavirus-updates
Regional Development Agency – Support for tourism operators and small-medium sized businesses: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07677.html