Fast Times with Parker White – CONTEST RULES
The Yervana Ski in Style Contest (the “Contest”) offered by Yervana Services Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is governed by these Contest Rules (the “Rules”). PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THE RULES.
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND THE CANADIAN FEDERAL LAW APPLICABLE THEREIN. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
- The Contest begins on Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 00:01 a.m. PT (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. You may not enter if you are an employee, representative, contractor, officer or director of Sponsor or the immediate family (i.e., spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household member of a Sponsor employee, representative, contractor, officer or director. The chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To be eligible, your entry into the Contest (an “Entry” and collectively, “Entries”) must be submitted and received by Sponsor within the Contest Period. All eligible Entries submitted and received during the Contest Period will be entered into the random prize draw to select the Winners (as defined below).In order to enter, eligible participants must go to https://www.yervana.com/ (the “Website”) and create an account on the Website. Any accounts created prior to the start of the Contest Period can be entered into the Contest and considered a valid Entry if the owner of such account logs into the account at any time during the Contest Period. Additional Entries can be obtained by you if you have an account with Sponsor and:
- If you refer a friend, utilizing a specific referral code, and that friend creates a unique account on the Website for themselves. Each unique additional account is given an additional Entry associated with the referring code.
- If you complete the full survey located at https://yervana.typeform.com/to/y6AGND and enter your email address associated with your account.
- If you favourite an adventure (1 additional Entry for performing the act of “favouriting” an adventure).
- In addition, you will be required to signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the Rules when you create an account on the Sponsor website or otherwise submit and Entry.
- If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has used (or attempted to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, then he or she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the account sign-up form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries (all of which are void).
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 (the “Draw Date”), in Vancouver, British Columbia, at approximately 1:00 p.m. PT, one (1) eligible Entry will be selected by random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period as the grand prize selected entrant (the “Grand Prize Selected Entrant”) and one (1) eligible Entry will be selected by random draw from all eligible Entries (other than the Entry or Entries submitted by the Grand Prize Selected Entrant) as the runner up prize selected entrant (the “Runner Up Prize Selected Entrant” and, together with the Grand Prize Selected Entrant, the “Selected Entrants”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- Before being declared a Winner: The Grand Prize Selected Entrant and the Runner Up Prize Selected Entrant will be contacted by Sponsor by email and notified that they are eligible to win a prize in the Contest. Each of the Selected Entrants must reply by email within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s notification. Each of the Selected Entrants must also correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline in order to be declared a winner. Once the Grand Prize Selected Entrant replies to Sponsor within three (3) business days and correctly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, he or she will be declared the “Grand Prize Winner”, and once the Runner Up Prize Selected Entrant replies to Sponsor within three (3) business days and correctly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, he or she will be declared the “Runner Up Prize Winner” (and together with the Grand Prize Winner, the “Winners”).
- The Sponsor or its representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact each Selected Entrant (using the information provided on such Selected Entrant’s Entry) within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant cannot be reached within three (3) business days of the first notification, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then he or she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize or the Runner Up Prize, as applicable (as each term is defined below)) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entry from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Entry) until a winner and runner up is confirmed or there are no more eligible Entries or by April 30, 2020, whichever comes first. The odds of winning the Grand Prize or the Runner Up Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. For clarity, an eligible participant may not win both the Grand Prize and the Runner Up Prize, and being selected as the Grand Prize Selected Entrant will eliminate such person from being selected as the Runner Up Prize Selected Entrant.
- There will be a total of two (2) prizes available to be won in the Contest, as follows:
- Grand Prize (to be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner) – Two (2) nights for two (2) people at Pangea Pod hotel (single room) from April 17 – 19, 2020 (approximate retail value $500 CDN), one (1) day of skiing on Whistler Blackcomb (including two (2) single day passes) with Parker White for two, including videographer, on April 18, 2020 (approximate retail value $1,500 CDN), skis and bindings from Rossignol (approximate retail value $2,000 CDN), and winter ski apparel from 686 (approximate retail value $1,000 CDN). The total approximate retail value for the Grand Prize is $5,000 CDN.
- Runner Up Prize (to be awarded to the Runner Up Prize Winner) – Two (2) nights for two (2) people at Pangea Pod hotel (mid-week, single room) (approximate retail value $300 CDN) for any two (2) mid-week nights before Dec. 17, 2020. Yervana gift card (approximate retail value $100 CDN), Rossignol gear (approximate retail value $100 CDN) and 686 gear (approximate retail value $50 CDN). The total approximate retail value for the Runner Up Prize is $550 CDN.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. Any difference between the estimated approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded. Each of the Winners is solely responsible for the cost of all travel for such Winner and guest to and from Whistler, British Columbia. NO TRAVEL COSTS OR EXPENSES WILL BE REIMBURSED OR PAID BY SPONSOR. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the package descriptions above are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The dates of the Grand Prize set out above may not be changed by the Grand Prize Winner, and no refund or compensation will be made if the Grand Prize Winner or guest is unable to attend Whistler, British Columbia during the dates set out above. No substitutions of any prizes except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the account to which the winning Entry relates. The guest of the Winners must be nineteen years of age or older as of April 17, 2020. Each Winner and any guest must execute liability and publicity releases, in such forms as may be required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, prior to claiming a prize, and failure or refusal to execute such releases will result in the Winner forfeiting the prize. Once guest is selected, he or she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability. The Grand Prize Winner and guest will be solely responsible for complying with all rules of Whistler Blackcomb. Notification of winner status must be kept confidential until Winners are announced by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prize.
CONSENT TO SEND COMMERCIAL ELECTRONIC MESSAGES
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE
- No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from any entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to submit an Entry in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility, or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by an entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases Sponsor from any and all claims, damages, or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, Winners agree that the Sponsor will not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance, or use of any prize. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, disease or virus pandemic, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require Winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
- You acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. You and your Contest Entry must comply with Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter’s terms of service. You hereby completely release Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram and its owners and operators from all liability. You should direct any questions, comments or complaints about the Contest to Sponsor and not Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
- Sponsor: Yervana Services Inc., #1010 – 510 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC V6C 3A8. Email: email@example.com.