Our Commitment to Safety
Yervana is committed to growing awareness of safety in the outdoors and encouraging environmentally sustainable travel with our global community of outdoor adventurers.
Safety Requirements for our Locals
Yervana follows a thorough safety screening process for our Locals. Before any Adventures go online, we verify the safety qualifications, insurance, and permits of a Local. We work closely with regulatory and certifying bodies to ensure we have the most recent information.
- Meet (and they often exceed) the safety certification requirements for their activities.
- Have at least $2 million insurance liability coverage.
- Have valid permits for the areas they operate in.
- Complete their Wilderness First Aid Courses
Learn more about our requirements to become a Yervana Local.
Safety and Education Partners
Yervana works hand-in-hand with the outdoor recreation community. We’ve built strong partnerships with government, non-profit, and for profit agencies that promote safety in the outdoors. Among our partners are:
- AdventureSmart is a national prevention program focused on reaching Canadians, and visitors to Canada, who participate in outdoor recreational activities. Learn more about them at the top of the page.
- Coast Wilderness Medical Training provides Wilderness First Aid training to our Locals. The instructors are medical professionals with real world experience.
- Ridge Wilderness
- West Coast Educational Adventures
- North Shore Search and Rescue
- Wild Safe BC
Want to be our partner? Learn more here.
Try an Adventure
Yervana has assembled some of the best adventures led by some of the finest locals in the area. Here is a small sampling of adventures to try:
Squamish is home to some of the best hiking trails in the Sea to Sky Corridor! I would love to find the trails that give you the best adventure – steep and rocky reaching majestic vistas, or flat and easy trails along the edge of pretty lakes.
Error: Access Token for myyervana is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.