Expectations of a Yervana Local
So, you’ve decided to become a Yervana Local and know what we provide, but what exactly is expected of you?
Yervana Locals are many things; professional, personable, and knowledgeable. All of these qualities are what make you a huge part of what we’re selling Explorers: a unique adventure with an authentic individual! Locals are our most valued business partners and we want to help you as much as we can; these expectations will help you figure out exactly what we need from you.
- Have your certifications in order. Certifications are a must; for example, we require you to have completed Wilderness First Aid. Safety is a top priority which is why we expect our Locals to comply with certification requirements and be sure to upload certifications to your profile.
- Provide at least 5 bookable days each month. Listing your availability helps reduce the barriers for people looking to book with you. We want to set you up for success and listing bookable days is very important when you are trying to get more ratings and reviews. Once you are more established, you may get people messaging you to request specific days but it still helps to have bookable dates already listed.
- Respond to messages within 24 hours. Part of Yervana is being able to connect Locals with Explorers, and it’s important to respond to messages in a timely manner so you don’t miss out on bookings. We have the iOS and web messaging systems set up so you get email notifications when people contact you. Answering people’s questions and concerns personally is something that sets us apart from big tourism companies so we ask that you take the time to connect with Explorers in this way.
- Host one Pilot Adventure for Yervana employees, ambassadors, or partners. These Adventures are used to build our familiarity with you, provide you with experience using our platform, to start you off with some reviews on your Adventure. It also allows us to provide you with some quality photos and/or videos to illustrate the experience.
- Host at least one familiarization Adventure for our media or marketing partners. These cross-promotional events will help get exposure for your Adventure and for Yervana — it’s a win-win!
- Meet our Adventure standards. Yervana Adventures are different from your average tours, which is why we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on how to create an Adventure that fits the bill, as well as how to make it look and sound appealing to Explorers.
- Provide feedback from your experience on our platform. We want to build a platform that you can be happy with and use effectively. Any and all feedback is encouraged and will go towards implementing future changes to improve the platform. Contact us to tell us your thoughts!
If you’re able to meet these expectations, then let’s get started! Don’t be shy, apply today and we can guide you through the rest.