What Does Yervana Provide?
In exchange for your Local expertise and creative Adventures, we strive to provide all the tools to help you turn your passion into your livelihood!
- We have a website and iOS app that allows you to easily create a Profile and post Adventures in as little as 1 hour. There is no limit to the number of Adventures you can post, but the focus is on quality — not quantity.
- This platform is set up to handle your schedule, transactions, and customer communication all from one place.
Insurance and Permits:
Yervana can provide applicable locals with insurance and access to our permits
- For those who have their own insurance, we take a 15% commission on Adventures.
- For our Local hosts requiring insurance & permits, Yervana charges a 25% commission on Adventures, so a 75% payout to you.
- To be listed on our Yervana Local insurance policy there is a $250 administration fee once per year.
Please contact us for more details.
Marketing you and your Adventures is high priority for us — we want to get you exposure and bookings, and we have all sorts of tools to facilitate this.
Some ways we will market you:
- Blog posts
- Video content like personal profiles and Adventure features
- Social media (@myyervana and our facebook page)
- Partnerships and various other channels.
We are constantly trying new marketing efforts and if you have any suggestions, contact us.
Check out the Local Profile video we did on Ryan LeBlanc:
We try to make it easy for you to get out there and start hosting Adventures, so we’ve cut through some of the red tape involved with getting insured.
- Our insurance provider can insure for “low-risk” activities such as hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, flat water canoeing & kayaking, and other similar activities. Let us know what you’re thinking and we’ll see what we can do insurance-wise.
- Yervana works closely with Alberta Parks, BC Parks, and Private & Public land holders to acquire permits throughout the Provinces. We have multiple permits and are always working with local regulators and communities to obtain additional permits requested by our Locals.
- If you have an area in mind that you’d like to operate in, please reach out to find out if Yervana holds permits in this area.
We want to make sure no question goes unanswered, which is why we’ve put together this very resource centre with guidelines for how to create compelling Adventures, write a captivating profile, select photos and much, much more. If you have an idea for topics to add let us know! We’ll add it to the list.
Most importantly, at Yervana we want to provide you with a booking platform that shares your values and focuses on ethical tourism, sustainability, and education, so you can pursue your career in the great outdoors with peace of mind.