Yervana Services Inc.
These FAQs have been updated as of June 26, 2020
What insurance coverage does Yervana provide to Locals?
- If an accident happens and a third party, including Explorers, claim damages against a Local for which a Local is found liable then our insurance covers up to $2 million of general liability coverage for each occurrence and in the aggregate. The policy also includes coverage for medical expenses.
What is not covered by the insurance policy?
- Locals are covered by the insurance policy for Adventures that Explorers have signed a waiver, and are booked and paid for through Yervana. Any activities outside of those Adventures purchased through Yervana are not covered.
- The insurance policy covers only those Adventures that the Local has included on their application for insurance. If a Local offers an Adventure that they did not describe on their insurance application then it may not be covered.
How does Yervana’s insurance coverage work with my existing insurance?
- Each Local should review Yervana’s insurance policy with their own insurance coverage.
Does the insurance cover any transportation to or from the trail head?
- No. Check with your automobile insurance provider regarding transportation insurance.
Is there a fee to be listed on Yervana’s Insurance?
- There is an annual administrative fee of $250 that locals must pay to be listed on the insurance.
If the Adventure occurs in Alberta or BC Parks or on Crown Land in Alberta or BC, is this insurance sufficient for the Province of Alberta or the Province of BC?
- Yes. Both Alberta and BC require $2 million of insurance coverage.
As an Explorer, can I purchase additional insurance through Yervana?
- No, not yet. Currently, Yervana does not offer additional insurance that can be purchased by Explorers but we would like to have an insurance carrier do so in the future.